Living in Canada means you will have to get used to Canadian freezing weather, but you can always make the weather bearable by installing an electric heater! They are an excellent, economical way of making your living space a lot more comfortable. Electric heaters come in all shapes and sizes; you can get a wall-mounted one or a portable one if you like! What’s more exciting is that you can install these electric heaters in both indoor and outdoor settings depending on the model you purchase!
The question is which brand to trust and what model would work best for you? Let’s find out.
There are two electric heater brands that dominate the Canadian market today; here is a short rundown of each one and all you need to know.
Dimplex is one of the top manufacturers of electric fireplace and heating products in Canada today. Founded in 1973, they provide their clients with a reliable, efficient range of heating products, including electric fireplaces, thermostats, electric heaters, baseboard heaters, outdoor heaters, and much more.
Their products are built with the latest heating technology paired with modern design so they can be installed nearly anywhere you like! More importantly, the company aims to build sustainable products that leave a low carbon footprint. So if you are looking for more efficient, environmentally friendly solutions, consider giving Dimplex a try!
Bromic was established in 2007 and now ranks among some of the top manufacturers of outdoor and indoor heating solutions. Their patented Smart Heat technology is what sets them apart from their competitors, perfect for all types of settings.
Many high-end and luxury hotels and restaurants acquire Bromic heating solutions as they are reliable, produce efficient heating, and are exquisitely designed. This blend of unique heating technology paired with cutting-edge designs is why they are popular in the industry. Though they offer limited products, you can always find fashionable installation choices; wall-mounted, pole-mounted, flush-mounted, and even portable heaters!
Now that we have discussed what both brands offer, here is a shortlist of the best electric heaters in Canada you can buy.
1. Dimplex 1500W, 120V, Indoor/Outdoor Electric Infrared Heater
The Dimplex electric infrared radiant electric heater is an excellent option if you are looking for something that fits both indoor and outdoor settings. You can use it for your patios, balconies, dining rooms, and even your workshops. It is also an affordable option.
This particular electric heater is actually flexible when it comes to installation; you can have it mounted either on your walls or ceilings. For ceiling-mounted variations, you can install it with an extension for lower heating options or leave it suspended with two chains for a unique rustic feel. (These accessories for mounting can also be purchased separately.)
Dimplex Indoor/Outdoor Electric Infrared HeaterDimplex Indoor/Outdoor Electric Infrared Heater
- The Dimplex electric infrared radiant electric heater comes in the dimensions 6.5 × 36 × 5.625 inches.
- Topped off with an aluminum finish for increased durability and resistance to corrosion.
- The indoor outdoor electric heater comes with a 1 year warranty period.
- Built with IP 55 rated, weather-proof construction, meaning it is water-resistant and protected from dust ingress.
- It comes in two colour variations: black and white.
2. Bromic Tungsten Smart-Heat 6000W Electric Heater
The Bromic Tungsten Smart-Heat Electric Heater comes in a stylish, industrial design. Combined with its radiant heat technology, it gives an even flow of heat to outdoor and indoor spaces, making it efficient for use in all settings.
The Bromic Tungsten Smart-Heat Electric Heater can be mounted on ceilings, poles, walls, or flushes. You can either hardwire it or have it paired with the Bromic Smart-Heat On-Off controller.
Bromic Tungsten Smart-Heat 6000W Electric HeaterBromic Tungsten Smart-Heat 6000W Electric Heater
- The Bromic Tungsten Smart-Heat Electric Heater comes with the following dimensions 8.5 x 56 inches.
- The Tungsten Electric series from Bromic has an IPX4 water ingress protection rating, perfect for outdoor uses. (However, they do recommend that you mount them under cover and not directly under rain/snow exposure)
- Available in both black and white colour variations.
- Offering up to 160 FT2 of heat area.
- Comes in a matte finish stainless steel construction.
- Has a wind resistance design.
- Precise heat distribution capabilities.
3. Bromic Eclipse Smart-Heat 3300W Ceiling Mounted Electric Heater
If you are looking for a unique style that is particularly suited to ceiling installation, this is the option for you. With its unique spherical design paired with its Smart-Heat enabled technology, you will find that it fits your electric heating needs well. It has style, warmth, and light, all packaged in one design. If you are looking for an electric patio heater, this is it.
While this design is uniquely suited for ceiling installation, you can also install it on your walls. Their ceiling mounting options include a straight pole (which you can extend with long poles), curved poles for a more sophisticated look, or twin poles.
Bromic Eclipse Smart-Heat Electric HeaterBromic Eclipse Smart-Heat Electric Heater
- Comes in the dimensions 4.4 × 27.6 × 27.6 inches.
- Ceramic screen cover for even heat distribution
- Dimmable lighting for the correct ambiance
- Flexible ceiling and wall mounting options.
- Stylish contemporary design suited for all settings.
- Wind resistant design and comes paired with IP54 water protection rating.
- Supports up to 144 FT2 of heat area.
- Up to 1-year warranty.
The Bromic Platinum series for Smart-Heat Electric Heaters also has some fantastic features. Their 3400W variation hits the sweet spot for us, coming in with both wall and ceiling installation capabilities, ultra-slim design, stainless steel, and “Schott tinted ceramic glass screens.” Bromic claims this design to be specifically built for low clearance, semi-enclosed spaces, meaning it will suit any settings.
This particular product has a variety of installation options; you can have it installed on poles, on cleaning, on calls, or flushes. You can have it installed front down or at an angle for more precise heating. For ceiling suspensions, you can choose the height of your pole for extended installation (you can order longer poles for high ceilings separately if required).
Bromic Platinum Smart-Heat™ Electric HeaterBromic Platinum Smart-Heat™ Electric Heater
- 7 x 50.2 inches
- Supports up to 108ft2 of heating power.
- Provides you with radiant heat – heating you instead of the air around you.
- Wind resistant technology
- Built using premium 304 stainless steel for durability and longevity.
- Compatible with smart wireless technology for controlled heating.
So, which electric heater have you selected to warm your space?